Riyadh: Colonel Turkey Al-Maliki, spokesman of the Saudi military clarified, “It is confirmed in the preliminary investigations that the weapons used in the attacks on the Saudi oil projects, were of Iranian make. Now it is to be confirmed as to where the attacks were originated from. It is also confirmed that the attacks did not originate from Yemen, as claimed by the Houthi rebels.”
The preliminary investigation report said about the attack on the world’s largest oil project, at Abqaiq, which was released by Saudi, on Monday. The pieces of weapons were found in the debris at the attack site, studied in a joint investigation by Saudi and its Arab allies. Colonel Turkey avoided giving the information revealed in the first stage, about the weapons used in the attacks. But the Saudi spokesman clarified that these weapons belonged to Iran.
Colonel Turkey said now it is only to be confirmed as to where the attacks originated from. A few days ago, the Houthi rebels had accepted the responsibility of the attacks on the Saudi oil projects and had threatened that the attacks would continue. But colonel Turkey emphasised that the attacks did not originate from Yemen. In the past, even the United States had claimed that the Houthi rebels did not have the necessary technology and weapons to carry out attack on the Saudi oil projects.
There is a distance of nearly 1,000 kilometres between the regions, in Yemen, under Houthi control and the Saudi oil project, at Abqaiq. The US intelligence agency claimed that the Houthi rebels do not have the technology and weapons to attacks on locations, so far away. The US intelligence agencies claimed that the attacks on the Saudi oil projects originated from an Iranian of Iraqi location.