Iran threatens Middle East and European countries along with the US

Tehran: – Following the warnings for military attacks and Snapback sanctions, by US President Donald Trump, Iran has threatened the United States, its allies in the Middle East, along with the European countries. A senior official from the Iranian Revolutionary Guards threatened that the United States and all those who assisted the United States, in the killing of General Qassem Soleimani would face an Iranian attack. At the same time, Iranian Foreign Minister Jawad Zarif warned that the European countries should oppose the US efforts to impose snapback sanctions against Iran or the European countries will have to face the consequences of the sanctions.   

Iran-threatens-Middle-East The United States has started increasing diplomatic, economic and military pressure on Iran. The cooperation between Israel and the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain is adding to the Iranian restlessness. Amid this, the United States announced the imposition of snapback sanctions on Iran, on Saturday. The United States has imposed all the sanctions on Iran and the US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo appealed to the permanent members of the UN Security Council to follow the sanctions. The sanctions also include an arms embargo against Iran and Pompeo said that this was an important development for peace in the Middle East. Russia and China have already opposed these US sanctions against Iran, whereas, the United Kingdom, France and Germany have objected to the sanctions.   

But Iran feeling the stress of the sanctions, in the economy, has threatened the European countries over the new sanctions. Iranian Foreign Minister Jawad Zarif has appealed to the international community to oppose these sanctions. Zarif threatened that if the international community hesitates to oppose the US sanctions, the international community also will be faced with similar sanctions, in the future. Although the Iranian Foreign Minister said the international community, the international media claimed that this was a threat directed towards the European countries. After that, General Hussain Salami, Senior Commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, threatened the United States and its allies in the Middle East.   

On Saturday, General Salami announced, ‘We will be avenging the assassination of General Qassem Soleimani and Iran is very serious about the matter. Iran will take action against every country, directly or indirectly involved in the assassination of General Qassem Soleimani. Iran will soon realise this threat.’ General Salami also threatened that action would be taken against all the US military bases in the Middle East.   

In the beginning of the year, the United States, in a drone action, had killed General Qassem Soleimani, the Chief of Iranian Quds Forces and the number two leader in Iran. It was revealed that infuriated by the killing of General Soleimani, Iran had planned killing of US Ambassador to South Africa, in the last week. President Trump reacted to this, saying that any Iranian attack on the United States, will face a thousand times stronger retaliation. General Salami issued this threat after President Trump’s warning. Meanwhile, the gigantic US aircraft carrier USS Nimitz has entered the Strait of Hormuz, while Iran is issuing threats to the United States and its allies in the Middle East. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.